What is SailPass?
SailPass is a way for people who aren’t already a Member of a sailing club to be eligible to sail in CYCA races in accordance with Rule 46 of the 2021-24 Racing Rules of Sailing. SailPass offers a flexible, accessible and affordable introduction to sailing for people new to the sport and, importantly for SailPass holders and boat-owners alike, provides personal injury insurance cover through Australian Sailing.
All CYCA Members, and financial members of other Australian Sailing affiliated Clubs, do not require a SailPass.
SailPass will be available at the CYCA at no charge, and rather than offer daily passes, there are three different seasonal passes available:
- 2022 Winter and Spring Seasons (17 April 2022 – 28 August 2022)
Covers the 2022 Winter Series; and 2022 Spring Series.
Competitors may register for one or more of these passes based on their anticipated usage. One-off passes for Charity Regattas and Corporate Sailing Days will also be available.
SailPass does not provide access to the Clubhouse or other benefits of Membership. For those wishing to receive a fuller range of benefits, we recommend Pathway Membership,the new way to enjoy CYCA. Pathway Members receive plenty of the amazing benefits of belonging to CYCA but pay just half the entrance fee upfront and half the annual subscription of Full Members! Learn more.
The benefits for boat owners
- Ensures that all crew are temporarily affiliated with CYCA, and are compliant with Australian Sailing Prescriptions to RRS 46.
- Ensures that all crew have some level of personal accident insurance.
- Helps to attract potential crew members to CYCA.
The benefits for SailPass holders
- Offers a flexible, accessible and affordable introduction to sailing for people new to the sport.
- Provides personal injury insurance through Australian Sailing.
- SailPass registration is quick, easy and mobile-friendly
For more information, please contact the Sailing Office Team.