CYCA Women’s Training Program (WTP)
The CYCA Women’s Training Program (WTP) is a new initiative to introduce and develop the skills necessary to compete in other CYCA sailing events. The course combines both on and off water training over the 18 – 19 March 2023.
The course is created to place an emphasis on building sailors experiences with asymmetrical spinnakers, and to provide a safe and welcoming platform for participants to enhance their capabilities, build confidence and develop skills on the water.
The course will be conducted on the Youth Sailing Academy’s fleet of Elliott 7m keelboats.
Entries are now open – Register Here
The weekend will consist of training drills and theory sessions on Saturday 18 March followed by a regatta on Sunday 19 March. Sailors from the Youth Sailing Academy will provide on-board coaching across Saturday.
- To deliver coaching for participants to develop their sailing skills for keelboats
- Fine tune the basics of skippering, crewing and racing
- Develop a sound understanding of sail trim and the Racing Rules of Sailing
- Develop a satisfactory level of boat handling skills using both asymmetric and symmetric spinnakers.
- Gain valuable teamwork experience.
- Gain regatta experience.
CYCA Members: $600