From Commodore Noel Cornish AM
The last couple of years have been incredibly eventful for the CYCA, however, it is wonderful to now be able to move to convene our Annual General Meeting (AGM) at 1830hrs on Tuesday 12 July 2022, in line with prior years, albeit as a hybrid of in-person and online.
The only difference to a standard AGM is we need you to pre-register to attend. Please register to either attend in-person at the CYCA Clubhouse, or online via Zoom.
Alternatively, you may phone the Club on (02) 8292 7800, or ask one of our Reception staff to register you for the AGM when you are next at the Club.
Of course, there remains the prospect that a COVID-19 outbreak may mean we will need to hold our AGM online only – but in the meantime, we carry on!
With this note, you will receive the Notice of Meeting. If you do not receive the 2021/22 Annual Report in the post, it is available to view on the Club website.
Finally, one of the main purposes of the AGM is to elect our Board going forward. Please note the closing date for the receipt of properly completed nominations of eligible Members is 1700hrs Tuesday 28 June 2022.
Nomination forms are available from Reception or to download from the CYCA website.
I look forward to seeing some of you on 12 July.
Noel Cornish AM
17 June 2022
Notice of Annual General Meeting
ABN 28 000 116 423
(A company limited by guarantee)
Notice is hereby given that the 78th Annual General Meeting of the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia will be held at the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia, 1 New Beach Road, Darling Point, NSW 2027 and online by Zoom Webinar on Tuesday 12 July 2022 at 6:30pm.
- To confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 13 July 2021.
- Commodore’s Report.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- To receive and consider the Directors’ Report, Financial Report and Auditor’s Report for the year ended 31 March 2022.
- General Business: Presentation of Life Members and 50-Year Member badges.
- To elect a Flag Officer Director in each of the following offices: Commodore; Vice Commodore; Rear Commodore (2); Treasurer.
- To elect four other Directors
By order of the Board.
17 June 2022
GENERAL: Members entitled to attend the meeting and vote are as follows:
- Full Members
- Life Members
- Country Members
NOTE: The provisions of Clause 5.1b which states “a Member is not entitled to be present or to vote at a general meeting if at the date of the meeting that Member’s annual subscription fees or other moneys payable by that Member to the Company are in arrears by more than two months (or such longer period as the Board may allow in special circumstances)”.
Members entitled to vote at the AGM will have the option to attend:
- In-person at the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia, 1 New Beach Road, Darling Point, NSW, 2027; or
- Via Zoom Webinar.
All Members who wish to attend must register in advance by Monday 11 July
Alternatively, you may phone the Club on (02) 8292 7800, or ask one of our reception staff to register you for the AGM when you are next at the Club.
If you are attending online, you will be sent instructions on how to enter the Zoom Webinar and other meeting protocols.
All Members who wish to ask a question or make a comment will be able to do so.
- For those at the meeting, please raise your hand and the Chair will take and repeat your question to the meeting or invite you to address the meeting from the lectern, so that all attendees, including those on Zoom, can see and hear you.
- For those attending by Zoom, please submit a question through the Q&A function or “raise your hand” if you wish to address the meeting. If you wish to address the meeting via Zoom, you will be granted access to do so when directed by the Chair.
The voting process will be explained in the meeting.
If you have any issues with registration, please call the CYCA on (02) 8292 7800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any technical issues on the night of the AGM, please call AGM Support (PicNet) on (02) 8437 7990.