Summer Season Racing update

With the extension of NSW’s stay-at-home orders until the end of September, the Club would like to provide an update on the 2021-22 Summer Season Racing Program.

As always, the priority for the Club is to ensure the health and safety of all Members, Guests, Volunteers and Staff. With this in mind, we are working towards being able to conduct as much racing as possible in accordance with any Government Health Orders and advice at that time.

We hope that this will allow us to start the scheduled Race Program in early October, with the Twilight Season commencing Wednesday 6 October and the Offshore Series commencing with the Lion Island Race on Saturday 9 October. All races scheduled for September have been abandoned except for the Flinders Islet Race, which has been rescheduled.

The CYCA Board has determined it will not be possible to conduct the already-postponed 2021 Noakes Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race this year.

This decision was based on the current NSW stay-at-home orders until the end of September, the current restriction on community sport and the likelihood that the Queensland border may be closed for some time.

The Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore (BWPS) has been rescheduled in order to give us the ability to provide as much racing as possible and allow for adequate boat and crew preparation in the lead up to the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race in December.

The revised dates for the Audi Centre Sydney BWPS are as follows:

  • 14 October – Audi Centre Sydney BWPS Briefing (Online)
  • 16 October – Race 1: Flinders Islet Race
  • 29 October – Race 2: Tollgate Islands Race
  • 5 November – Reserve date
  • 13 November – Race 3: Bird Island Race
  • 20 November – Reserve date
  • 3 December – Race 4: Cabbage Tree Island Race
  • 26 December – Race 5: Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race

In these revised dates, you will note two reserve dates. It is intended that one of those dates be used in the event that either of the October races are unable to be conducted. Should we be unable to race on 16 October, the next scheduled race will become the Flinders Islet Race and the Tollgate Island Race will be removed from the Pointscore. This is to ensure that the first race is one of our shorter blue water races with a daytime start.

As we work towards getting a clearer picture of any additional measures that may be required for us to return to racing, we strongly recommend that competitors consider their crews’ vaccination status as this may be a condition required by NSW and/or Tasmanian State Governments.

The Club appreciates your patience and support over this unprecedented period and we hope to be able to provide as much racing for you as possible within the health guidelines when we are allowed to do so.

Please feel free to contact the Sailing Office on (02) 8292 7804 or via email should you have any questions.

CYCA Principal Sponsor

CYCA Official Sponsors

CYCA Youth Sailing Academy Sponsors and Supporters