An invitation is extended to CYCA Members and their friends to enter the Noakes Group 7s Series which will have both a summer and spring pointscore series.
Each series will be held over 4 evenings with up to 6 high adrenaline sprint races each evening in the club’s fleet of Elliott 7’s.
Daily briefings will be held at 1730hrs on the deck at the CYCA. Races will commence at 1755hrs in the vicinity of Rushcutters Bay and Sydney Harbour.
This is a series targeted at crews who want to improve teamwork and skills for the Audi Centre Sydney Bluewater Series, SOPS or Twilights… or just want to have some good, clean, competitive fun with mates!
This series is aimed at sharpening sailing skills to improve starts, mark-rounding’s, hoists and gybes to name a few, while also introducing simple techniques used by grand prix teams to maximise on board efficiency for decision making and boat speed.
Dates – 2019 Summer
- Tuesday 12 March 2019
- Tuesday 19 March 2019
- Tuesday 26 March 2019
- Tuesday 2 April 2019
Conditions of Entry:
- Entry fee is $720, for a team of four or five.
- The skipper and one crew member must be current CYCA members.
- Prior sailing experience is to be declared.
- Preference will be given to skippers who have not yet competed in a CYCA Elliott 7 Series
- For an additional fee a YSA coach/graduate can be on-board in an advisory capacity.
- Applications for Invitation must be received by Friday 22 February 2019. Successful entries will be advised by Tuesday 26 February 2019.