CYCA Members and guests are invited to take part in the Walk for SOLAS, a challenge to support the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) Trust.
Following the cancellation of the 2020 and 2021 CYCA SOLAS Trust Dinners due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Walk for SOLAS will contribute vital funds towards the Trust’s important initiatives.
You can get involved by joining the walking challenge and raising money, or making a donation to the SOLAS Trust.
From 11-24 October 2021, your goal is to complete 10,000 steps per day!
Here’s how it works:
- Email email@example.com to sign up for the challenge.
- Set up a Facebook fundraiser (details below), through which you can set a fundraising goal and share with your friends to ask for their support. Alternatively, you can raise funds yourself and submit a donation to the SOLAS Trust via this form, OR donate to the official fundraiser on the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race Facebook page. Contact the CYCA Accounts team if you have any questions about making a donation.
- Set yourself a daily goal of 10,000 steps, or more!
- On Monday 25 October 2021, submit a record of your steps over the previous two weeks to firstname.lastname@example.org (you may take screen grabs from your app of choice). One participant who averages 10,000 steps per day will be chosen at random to receive a special prize from the CYCA.
How to set up a Facebook fundraiser
- Visit the Facebook Fundraisers page.
- Click on the ‘Raise Money‘ button.
- Select ‘Charity‘.
- Search for ‘CYCA‘.
- Select ‘THE TRUSTEE FOR CYCA SYDNEY HOBART YACHT RACE SAFETY OF LIFE AT SEA TRUSTS ASSISTANCE FUND’.
- Enter your fundraiser details, including your goal.
- Click ‘Create‘.
- Share the fundraiser to your Facebook page and tag CYCA.
- Get walking!
Email email@example.com if you have any queries regarding the Walk for SOLAS.
Thank you for your support!