Recent news of COVIDSafe concerns at two venues in the Eastern Suburbs has brought to light the utmost importance of CYCA maintaining our COVIDSafe plan.
CYCA would like to thank Members and guests for your cooperation to date, and also remind all that we must keep up the good work.
As a reminder, the key elements of our COVIDSafe plan are:
- The Club will have no more than 500 persons on-premises for the purpose of sailing
- The Clubhouse will have no more than 200 patrons at any one time
- You must not come to the Club if you feel unwell in any way, have respiratory symptoms, have a fever or temperature, or, in the last 14 days, have been in contact with a person with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection
- All persons visiting the Clubhouse must be recorded in our COVIDSafe register for contact tracing purposes
- All persons on Club premises and involved in CYCA-sanctioned sailing events must observe all social distancing regulations (where practicable)
- Competitors in the Winter Series must observe our Stow & go policy to ensure crew are vacating the Marina in a timely manner
- No cash is currently accepted, only contactless payments
By maintaining these COVIDSafe practices, we hope to continue to be able to open our Clubhouse to Members and guests as well as hold the Winter Series and Youth Sailing Academy events. We ask everyone to please follow CYCA’s COVIDSafe policy when visiting the Clubhouse or participating in our racing.