Many CYCA Members and yachts made the annual pilgrimage recently to Sail Port Stephens. For one of the closing regattas to the summer season, the teams certainly experienced anything but perfect summer sailing conditions! Throughout the week of racing teams saw everything from sunshine, glassy waters, rain, then finally a dark and gusty Sunday afternoon to finish off the week.
Even with the ever-changing weather patterns, many yachts from the CYCA were able to take make the most of the conditions and come away with podium positions in their respective divisions.
Podium place finishers included:
- Andrew York’s Reo Speedwagon – 2nd place in SMS
- Gordon Ketelbey’s Zen – 1st IRC Div1 and 3rd in TPR
- Rear Commodore Dr Sam Haynes’ Celestial – 3rd in IRC Div1 and 1st in TPR
- Pete Franki’s Salt Shaker – 3rd in IRC Div3
- Andy Kearnan and Peter Wrigley’s KOA – 2nd in TPR
- David Griffith and Doug Flynn’s Yarrandi – 1st in Performance Cruising EHC Div1 and Commodores Cup – 1st EHC Div1
- Dennis Cooper’s Amante – Commodores Cup 2nd in EHC Div2
- Greg Newton’s Antipodes Commodores Cup – 2nd EHC Div3
Congratulations to all CYCA teams which were able to make the journey to Sail Port Stephens and battle the challenging conditions.
Full results and daily wraps from the event can be found at https://www.sailportstephens.com.au/