- 75g butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 medium pear
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease a 9cm x 19cm loaf pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over the sides.
- Stir butter, milk and coffee in large saucepan over low heat, until butter melts and coffee dissolves. Remove from heat, whisk in sugar and half the nuts. Whisk in egg.
- Peel, core and finely chop pear. Stir pear and sifted flour into milk mixture.
- Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Stand loaf in pan for 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
Note: cooking time may vary slightly depending on the ripeness of the pear. Store loaf in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.