- 160g crustless sourdough bread, coarsely torn
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 400g mixed cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 large ripe heirloom tomatoes, cut into thick wedges
- ¼ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Large handful each of coarsely torn flat leaf parsley and mint
- 100g Persian fetta (optional) to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C. Spread torn bread on an oven tray, scatter with lemon rind, drizzle with 50ml olive oil, season to taste and stir to coat evenly in oil. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden and toasted (10-12 minutes). Set aside once done.
- Combine tomatoes, onion and garlic in a large bowl, drizzle with vinegar, lemon juice and remaining oil, season to taste and toss to combine then set aside.
- Just before serving add herbs, fetta and toasted bread to tomatoes, toss to combine and serve