- 500g firm white fish fillets, skin off
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp chilli jam
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 egg white
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 400g dried rice noodles, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place the fish, ginger, chilli jam, coriander and egg white in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. With slightly wet hands, shape the mixture into 12 flat cakes.
- Place dry noodles into a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and allow to stand for 5-8 minutes or until noodles are soft. Drain.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1cm of oil and cook the fish cakes, in batches, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve fish cakes on a bed of rice noodles
- Top with coriander and lime wedges on the side