- 500g zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250s sweetcorn, blanched roughly chopped
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Place grated zucchini in a strainer over the sink. Add salt and gently toss to combine; let sit for 10 minutes. Using a clean t-towel, drain zucchini completely with a gentle press
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, sweetcorn, plain flour, parmesan, garlic, egg, season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.
- Fritters are delicious topped with crispy bacon, smashed avocado and poached eggs