- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar, for poaching
- 16 asparagus spears
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- 25g grain mustard
- 50ml olive oil
- 10ml white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbs chives, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- Combine the mustard, olive oil, honey and vinegar and mix well to create the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Prepare the asparagus by removing the woody bases and peeling
- Bring 2 large pans of water to the boil and heavily season one of them with salt. Add 2 tbsp of vinegar to the other one.
- Crack the eggs into 4 individual cups and, using a whisk, stir the vinegar water vigorously to create a whirlpool. Working quickly, gently place the eggs one by one into the centre of the whirlpool and allow the water to simmer.
- Poach the eggs for approximately 3.5 minutes or until still runny inside. Lift from the water with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the last minute of egg poaching time, place the asparagus in the salted water and boil for 1 minute until tender. Remove, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- On four warm serving plates divide the asparagus spears and place a slice of ham over them. Top with a warm egg and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle with chopped chives and season to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Magnus Jonsson