- 4 x 200gm duck breast fillets, trimmed and skin scored
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) pomegranate molasses
- 200g brussels sprouts, trimmed and leaves separated
- 100g red-vein sorrel leaves
- 2 small red apples, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200C. Heat a large ovenproof frying pan over high heat.
- Sprinkle the duck with salt and pepper and cook, skin-side down, for 4 minutes or until golden. Carefully drain excess fat and turn.
- Brush the skin with the molasses, place in the oven and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Allow to rest for 5 minutes in the frying pan for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place the brussels sprout leaves, sorrel, apple and lemon juice in a bowl and gently toss to coat.
- Divide the duck and salad between serving plates.
- Serve drizzled with the pan juices and salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Jesper Hansen