Makes 12 cookies
- 1 ½ cups (180g) icing sugar
- 1/3 cup (35g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 or 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (90g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and salt
- Add the vanilla extract, the egg white and whisk until you obtain a thick but moist batter. If it seems too thick add another egg white.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Leave enough space between each cookie as they will spread while cooking.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and they begin to crack
- Let the cookies cool completely, before removing them from the baking sheet with a spatula
- Store the flourless chocolate cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.