- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ¾ cup plain flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- Extra flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Whisk sugar, egg and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Add flour and baking powder and mix until well combined. Stir through almonds.
- Dust work surface and hands well with extra flour. Shape dough into 25-centimetre log and place on to a baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned, then cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 120C. Use a serrated knife to cut log into 1.5cm slices. Lay slices on the prepared tray and place on the bottom shelf of oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Turn, then bake for another 10 minutes, or until biscotti have dried out. Cool on wire rack.