An invitation is extended to CYCA Members and their friends to enter the Noakes Boat & Shipyards 7s Series which will have both a summer and spring pointscore series.
Each series will be held over 4 evenings with up to 6 high adrenaline sprint races each evening in the club’s fleet of Elliott 7’s.
Daily briefings will be held at 1730hrs on the deck at the CYCA. Races will commence at 1755hrs in the vicinity of Rushcutters Bay and Sydney Harbour.
This is a series targeted at crews who want to improve teamwork and skills for the Bluewater Series, SOPS or Twilights… or just want to have some good, clean, competitive fun with mates.
This series is aimed at sharpening sailing skills to improve starts, mark-rounding’s, hoists and gybes to name a few, while also introducing simple techniques used by grand prix teams to maximise on board efficiency for decision making and boat speed.
Dates – Spring Series 2018
- Tuesday 23 October 2018
- Tuesday 30 October 2018
- Tuesday 13 November 2018
- Tuesday 20 November 2018
Conditions of Entry:
- Entry fee is $720, for a team of four or five.
- The skipper and one crew member must be current CYCA members.
- Prior sailing experience is to be declared.
- Preference will be given to skippers who have not yet competed in a CYCA Elliott 7 Series
- For an additional fee a YSA coach/graduate can be on-board in an advisory capacity.
Complete the online application for invitation here! Applications close on Friday 28 September 2018. Successful applications will be notified by Wednesday 3 October 2018.
Notice of Race – Spring 2018