Do you know how to respond to an on-water emergency? This is the event that could quite literally save your life – or that of one of your crew.
With technology constantly changing, safety networks and procedures are also constantly updated. With HF, VHF and Satelite Phones being used, there are different procedures for differing incidents and technologies.
The Club will be hosting a Safety Information Day at 1030-1230hrs Sunday 17 November, which Kordia (Communications), The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA), NSW Water Police, Helicopter Rescue and Marine Rescue NSW will be in attendance. Each organisation will be able to give an insight into how to deal with emergency calls, the correct way to seek assistance in such an emergency and what assistance can be provided.
Some of the distinguished presenters include:
- Cameron Dixon – Director of Operations, Asia Pacific
- Peter McDonell – Chief Crewman Standards & Global Technical Crewman Standards
- Craig Foggo – Safety Risk & Assurance Manager
- Simon Hook – Auto Hover Helicopter Captain
- Brian Foster – Auto Hover Helicopter Aircrewman/Rescue Swimmer
Marine Safety Day is a day open and free to all.
To ensure adequate seating attendees are encouraged to BOOK HERE.