23 March 2020
The Government has instructed all Registered Clubs to close indefinitely from midday today, 23 March 2020.
Accordingly, the Clubhouse of the CYCA will be closed from that time and it will not be possible for Members and guests to access the licenced premises i.e. the main Clubhouse building. All food, beverage and retail operations will cease at that time, including take away items.
At this stage, the closedown direction does not extend to the Club marina and car park areas and so those aspects of the Club’s operations will be unaffected – however, this may change in future.
The Board meets again on Tuesday 24 March to consider the options for the Club going forward and will communicate further in the coming days.
Corona Virus quick tips and facts!
Good Hygiene Starts Here
Help Stop The Spread
Seven steps to prevent the spread of the virus (World Health Organisation)
18 MARCH 2020
Considering the ever-evolving outbreak, the Club has been closely monitoring the situation based on the advice of the World Health Organisation and Australia’s Chief Medical Officer, and reviewing our approach regularly. There have been changes made at the Club both on and off the water, to safeguard the interests of Members and guests. In doing so, we have listened to the views of the relevant authorities, peak bodies, individual Members, other yacht clubs and global announcements impacting our sport.
We are committed to ensuring CYCA is a safe place for Members and their guests to visit.
Accordingly, we have further implemented the following precautionary measures in the Clubhouse:
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the premises
- Tables have been spaced to comply with recommendations
- Staff are actively practising appropriate hygiene practices with regular and thorough hand washing
- Tables, chairs and surfaces in communal areas are regularly disinfected
- Cutlery has been removed from self-service and will be provided when collecting meals
Unfortunately, in order to ensure the safety of our Members, Guests and People, the following will no longer be accepted/available at the Club for the time being:
- Keep Cups at the Bistro
- Cash payments – only cards will be accepted
- Water station – the tap has been temporarily been disabled (please ask the bar staff to provide tap water)
The changes to Club Events are as follows:
- All internal and external functions, events, seminars and meetings at CYCA until 30 April 2020 will be cancelled with immediate effect. The Board will revisit the position on such events beyond 30 April 2020 in two weeks’ time.
- All competitive sailing events of which CYCA is the Organising Authority taking place between 18 March 2020 and Easter Monday (13th April), will be cancelled with immediate effect. The Board will revisit the position on sailing events beyond this date in two weeks’ time – which will allow us to make a call on the Winter Series.
- All youth sailing and associated programs will be cancelled with immediate effect until at least 30 April 2020.
- Only Members of the Club and up to two invited guests may enter the Clubhouse premises at any one time. Non-Members who are not accompanied by a Member may no longer enter regardless of their place of abode.
- In line with the announced restrictions by the Prime Minister, the maximum number of persons who may be in the licenced area of the Club is 100 people. This will be strictly enforced and does not include persons outside of the main Clubhouse.
- The Marina will continue to operate as normal.
- Internal meetings are limited to four persons being present at any one time and our people are encouraged to work from home where possible.
- Members are expected to abide by the guidance issued by Interim CEO Justine Kirkjian from time to time as they relate to social distancing.
We will constantly revisit the situation as more information emerges and of course, we hope that we can soon return to normal.
The purpose of these changes is to protect our Members as best we can and give them as safe an environment as possible over the coming weeks and months. The changes are consistent with those being taken today by other sailing clubs on the harbour with whom we have been working.
It means however that award presentations, the forthcoming General Meeting, the weekly Members’ Badge Draw, upcoming seminars and similar events are all cancelled until further notice.
We consider these changes to be appropriate and reasonable.
These changes come into effect 1200hrs 18 March 2020.
16 MARCH 2020
In response to the World Health Organisation (WHO) declaring the spread of COVID-19 a public health emergency, CYCA has implemented a number of actions to protect the health and wellbeing of its People, Members and Guests, in line with guidelines issued by the Australian Government, the recommendations issued by the WHO and the advice of Clubs NSW.
These actions are as follows:
- If you have travelled internationally in the last 14 days you are not permitted to attend the Club.
- If you have any flu-like symptoms, a temperature, a cough, are sneezing or have any other symptoms of a cold, regardless of whether you have travelled overseas, you are not permitted to attend the Club.
- If persons within your family, workplace or friendship group display flu-like symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19 you must not attend the Club for 14 days.
- If you feel unwell within 14 days after visiting CYCA please advise the Club immediately.
- We ask you to follow the personal hygiene advice issued by the Government with regard to hand washing and ask you to avoid physical contact as best possible.
Current advice on “social distancing” provides significant challenges to hospitality businesses such as CYCA and we are constantly looking to follow best practice whilst ensuring we can operate as a Club. CYCA has increased its cleaning regime across the Club but can only do so much – the responsibility to act sensibly sits with those who enter the Club for work, business, to sail or relax.
As such, at this time:
- All sailing events will continue as planned
- All internal Club events will continue as planned with the above precautions to follow
- All events taking place outside of Club premises will be postponed
We ask that our People, Members and Guests respect these guidelines and respect each other during this time.