The Cruising Yacht Club of Australia remains closed throughout the Greater Sydney lockdown (currently in place until Saturday 28 August 2021).
However, Members are still permitted to sail and tend to their boats, provided they follow the restrictions outlined below.
The CYCA Marina remains open and Cafe 44 is open under limited operating hours.
Please remember to follow the latest advice from NSW Health.
Sailing during lockdown
Current NSW Health guidelines for Greater Sydney, Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour state: You must stay home. Only leave your home if you have a reasonable excuse. If you must leave home, stay within your local area. Do not travel outside your local area if you can avoid it.
Under the Public Health Order, undertaking exercise and outdoor recreation activities (including sailing) is a reasonable excuse to leave your home.
However, the following restrictions apply if you wish to go sailing during lockdown:
- Outdoor public gatherings (including exercise) will be limited to two people (excluding members of the same household).
- People must stay in their Local Government Area or within 10km of home for exercise and outdoor recreation, with no carpooling between non-household members.
This means you can go sailing with one other person, or more if they are all from your household. You must maintain social distancing while exercising.
If you do go sailing, please keep your distance from others around the Club and marina.
For more information on restrictions related to sailing, please see the following websites:
The Clubhouse remains closed due to the Greater Sydney lockdown.
Due to the stay-at-home orders, only essential staff are on site.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with the relevant department:
- Sailing Office – firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tara Blanc-Ramos on 0411 334 999
- YSA – email@example.com or call Jordan Reece on 0433 272 283
- Marina – firstname.lastname@example.org or call Philip Pembroke on 0418 733 933
- Tender Service – 0418 611 672
- Reception – (02) 8292 7800
- Functions and corporate bookings – (02) 8292 7800
- Café 44 – email@example.com or call (02) 8292 7815
CYCA Marina tender services continue to operate for Members wishing to check their boats from 0800hrs to 1600hrs each day.
If Members wish to have their boats checked, please contact Marina Administrator Philip Pembroke on 0418 733 933 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that the car park will remain accessible to Members through use of their Membership cards.
Cafe 44 is currently open for takeaway only from 0800-1400hrs Thursday-Sunday. These hours are subject to change each week during lockdown.
The limited takeaway menu includes:
- 12 oz homemade soup – $5
- Egg & bacon roll with regular coffee, bottle of juice or water – $8
- Margherita pizza – $10
- Fish & chips – $15
- Beef burger with chips – $15
The Club will advise Members and guests of any changes and possible extensions to these restrictions.