After more than three months in lockdown, the CYCA Clubhouse has reopened to fully-vaccinated Members, guests and visitors.
Operating hours are our standard operating hours and can be found on the Visit the Club page.
Under the definitions of the Public Health Order (PHO), the CYCA premises in its entirety is deemed to be a hospitality venue. As a consequence, only fully-vaccinated Members, Guests, Visitors, Staff, or those with a medical exemption, are allowed anywhere on the Club Premises (Clubhouse, Marina, John Messenger Building, Hardstand and car parks).
As required by the current PHO, a number of mandatory entry conditions have been implemented:
On arrival, there are three requirements of entry for all Members and Guests:
- Check-in using the Service NSW QR Code;
- Verification of double vaccination status with Staff;
- Sign-in for all Members and Guests as required by the Registered Clubs Act.
We understand this is onerous and as such we have put in place some measures to ensure the process is as quick and easy as possible:
- Additional Staff at reception;
- Partition that allows Members to have an expedited entrance and sign-in at the main reception desk. Members who need to sign in Guests, and other Guests, will be directed to the Concierge Desk to the left of the entry door;
- Members will have a sticker placed on their Membership card when first sighted by reception staff, to indicate the vaccination certificate has been approved and, following that, the Member will not need to verify their vaccination status on subsequent visits, just show their Membership card.
- Additional signage with QR Codes is available before entering the Club.
COVID-19 Digital Vaccination Certificates or Immunisation History Statements are available through Medicare or My Health Record. These records may be stored as a photo, in Apple Wallet, or in Google Pay. Alternatively, anyone who has a medical exemption will be required to show their COVID-19 Vaccine Medical Contraindication Certificate, available from NSW Health. Find out more about how to get proof of vaccination.
Children under the age of 16 who are not fully-vaccinated must be accompanied by a fully-vaccinated member of their household.
- The Clubhouse is currently limited to the capacity numbers currently prescribed by the PHO: 4 square metres per person for internal areas and 2 square metres per person for external areas (including the Upper Deck and Lower Deck).
- Drinking indoors must be seated, but drinking outdoors may be seated or standing.
- Currently the PHO requires any person who is over 12 years of age to wear a fitted face covering while in an indoor area of the premises, except when eating or drinking.
MARINA AND HARDSTAND
- It is requested that if you have not been through the Clubhouse and checked in using the QR code, that you do so at the entrance to the Marina.
- Staff may request confirmation of full-vaccination status on the Marina and other external areas of the Club as required.
- The passenger limit on the Tender Service has been increased to four people. All passengers on the Tender must be fully vaccinated.
Due to the limits on capacity, please book a table in advance. Call 8292 7812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation.
- The Government has indicated that when NSW reaches the 80 per cent double dose milestone, community sport is allowed to resume. At this stage it looks like this milestone will be met around 25 October and we plan to commence racing as soon as that milestone is met.
- To allow some additional time for crew training and preparation for a blue water race, it is planned that the first race of the 2021-22 Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore will be the Flinders Islet Race on Saturday 6 November.
Thank you for your patience throughout lockdown and understanding with regards to these requirements for re-opening the Club, which are in place to ensure your safety and compliance with Government regulations. Your continued support and respect for our team and other Members and Guests is greatly appreciated.
Over the next few weeks, we anticipate that further easing of restrictions will be announced after NSW reaches the next milestone of 80 per cent double vaccinations. We will provide further updates as they become available.
For more information on the freedoms for fully vaccinated people, visit the NSW Government website.