Many Club members offer their time and expertise to one of the CYCA’s many Committees that helps formulate policy, and make recommendations to the Board of Directors, which meets once a month.
Following each Annual General Meeting in July, a Committee Chairperson, who is also a CYCA Board member, is nominated and they invite Club members with specific skills and knowledge to join their Committee.
If a Club member would like to join a Committee, they can make themselves known to the Chairperson via firstname.lastname@example.org
Club members are encouraged to highlight issues or make suggestions to their relevant Committee member and these are discussed at the monthly meetings. If the Committee supports an idea it will recommend it goes to the Board for final approval.
CYCA Committees include (for more information click on the titles below):
- Associates – The Committee continues to plan and manage a number of different functions each year for club members, their families and guests.
- Audit Planning & Risk – The audit, planning & risk committee focuses on issues relating to the governance of the club, its forward planning and the management of its risks.
- Archives – The archives committee is chartered with with managing the history of the club including documents, pictures, audio and video that represents historical significance to the club.
- CYCA Cruising – The Cruising Committee organises a comprehensive event schedule which includes education evenings with expert and informative speakers, social events and sailing activities.
- Marina & Site – The marina and site committee is made up of six committee members and is assisted by the operations manager, dock master and marina administrator to provide guidelines and policies on the use of the CYCA’s floating marina, clubhouse and grounds.
- Member Services – The member services committee oversees the CYCA’s social progam, catering services, bars, and upkeep of the clubhouse, and seeks to increase the benefits of club membership
- Rolex Sydney Hobart – The Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race Planning Committee meets regularly to discuss all aspects of planning and logistics for the iconic event.
- Sailing Committee – It is the sailing committee’s role to set sailing policy for the sailing office staff and club volunteers so they can provide the best race management possible for the many regattas, charity days and offshore races the CYCA organises.
- Training & Development – The training and development committee oversees the CYCA’s successful Youth Sailing Academy sponsored by Audi Australia, a training facility for 12-24 year olds. (See Youth page)
- CYCA Site Redevelopment – The Redevelopment Committee was commissioned by the Board of Directors in 2007 to bring to fruition plans to create greater efficiencies and compliance to the site that is currently occupied by the floating marina, club house, hardstands, slipway and car park.